Tuesday, June 9, 2009

texas

I am in texas for the summer as an intern for Compass Christian Church. So far I absolutely love it. The people that I am working with are pretty great. I am working mostly with 4-5th graders, jr high and high school. Recently I have worked a lot with Blake, the jr high pastor. He is a good person to learn from. Now that I gave him a shout out I should mention Chris, Matt and Cameron. They are all great leaders as well. The other interns that I am working with are so much fun. We get along great and really have a great time togther.
My least favorite part so far would be making phone calls to parents telling them they owed money for camp. Who knew people did not like to be told they owe money?
My favorite part would be getting to know the guys I work with. Going to their houses for dinner is always fun. Also, Blake taught me how to shoot a red rider gun. Then I beat him in a competition.
I dont get much sleep because there is always something to do, and if you know me, I love that. There is always someone to go hang out with or an event to go to or work to be done. It is awesome.
I have seen: an armidillo, a possum, a moth the size of a 50 cent piece, a grown man dance to justin timberlake, two coyotes running through my neighborhood in the middle of the night, and Kobe win two games in the finals.

I now appreciate all of my past interns on a whole new level. They hung out with me when they could have been sleeping or relaxing.

No comments: