Tuesday, July 7, 2009

quick recap

First off, I think that I am writing to no one. I do not think that anyone reads this, so does that make me crazy writing things that I hope people will read, but knowing fully that no one ever does? I dont think so. I hope not.

well here is a little update of my life. I went to Durango Colorado for the CIY conference. There were so many cool things about that trip I could not fit them all into one post. I love those students so much. I really do have a passion for high schoolers. One of the cool things we did while we were there is white water rafting. It was soo fun..until Lauren Neese hit me in the nose with her paddle. It turned out to be funny but my nose swelled and bruised. Luckily no brokenness occurred. The ride back from the trip was crazy. 18 hour trip took 26 hours- 2 broken down busses, 1 emergency room visit, 4 busses pulled over by the cops in the middle of the night, 4 hour wait with 200 students in a restaurant at 4 in the morning, and big smiles as I finally got off the bus.

I have been able to build relationships with some of the students here. I mostly hang out with the Selinger girls. One of them is in high school and the other is in jr high. They are great girls with so much potential. I have had some awesome days back at the office since being back from my trip. I feel like I know the people that I am working with pretty well and we get to have a great time while getting some work done. These next few days are going to be crazy busy (every day seems to be crazy busy for me!) with getting ready for events at the church, volunteering at a wedding, hanging out with students, putting on events and just learning as much as possible.

this is just a brief overview of what I have done in the last two weeks. I love my life and my job.

3 comments:

Spaghetti Brained said...

Hi.
For the record. I kinda forgot about Blog. But I do read yours and I think the same thing haha I love writing as if ppl are listening, when really... they're not.
I am so beyond proud of you... you have no idea.
I am so blessed to have be a part of your life. and enjoy watching you in your transformations! ha.
Thank you for your stories. your personality. thanks for being YOU!
after reading all your camp stories... I kinda feel like my summer was a waste.. thanks a lot! haha. I cannot freaking wait to get back to school! I miss being busy and productive! ... well most of the time haha
love love love you girl.
I'm always here, dont forget
<3

Emily said...

I read i read- would love to talk to you soon

Amanda said...

alright i will keep writing then!