Sunday, July 13, 2008

Where is my burning bush?

Are miracles real? Do they still happen?
For a while now I have been praying that I could encounter a miracle like the ones in the Bible. You know, burning bush that would talk to me and give me direction. When I was reading my favorite book, Shane Claiborne brought up an interesting point - we no longer leave the door open for miracles to happen. Then I thought about it and when we are sick, we see a doctor. When we need food, we go to the store. If we had enough faith to depend on God like the lilies and sparrows do, we would see miracles. Or maybe is it that miracles are happening all the time, I am just too busy to notice them? Then I begin to get frustrated because I hear stories of people today having visions or seeing miracles. I wonder why cant those things happen to me? Faith should not happen because of a miraculous sign, so maybe I just need to have basic faith for now. Maybe I will never get my burning bush or get to see a blind man healed...I should be content with that for now.

No comments: