Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Across The Universe- Day 2


Things I learned today:
The people working at Denny's should wear yellow shirts--their gray shirts do not make anyone happy
Fed Ex trucks are numerous on Route 66
Garth Brooks is from Yukon OK (a sign said so)
Oklahoma has some of the biggest bugs in the world
Not everything is bigger in Texas
Jeff Henson's old youth group is great
Garth Brooks attended that church(Rejoice Church in Owasso OK) and was married by the pastor
I get very grumpy with no sleep and long drives
Fast food for every meal makes me sick
I have confirmed the idea that naps are the best

What did you learn today?
On the drive I had plenty of time to think. I started thinking about the heart as an organ. Strange, I know. But you know how people think that emotions are connected to that organ..but really it has nothing to do with the heart. I tried to think of reasons why people say emotions are from the heart and I came up with this: The heart keeps you alive and you cant live without it. So they associate the heart with emotions and feelings because they are so important. Walls are built to keep from getting hurt but you cant escape the reality that you need feelings and people in general.
At Jeff's church Scotty spoke about giving our whole heart to God. It was interesting how he came about it though. He talked about how God loves us so much. I have heard that a million times before but not like tonight. As a result of His love for us, we should want to accept it and then love Him back. He used a verse in Zephaniah about how God is so delighted in us that he sings over us. I cant imagine this righteous and holy God singing over me as such a dirty sinner..yet He does. I used to hear the song but it has become fainter and fainter over the years with each mistake and failure.

Do you hear the song of God rejoicing over you?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Tonight for the first time something clicked. you are SO much like Celeste. Its weird I've never connected it till now- I guess b/c your younger...weird. Nate said he always thought it...

Amanda said...

haha that is awesome. I think I will take that as a compliment..form what I hear she is awesome! :)
i miss you guys already.